Oven cleaning (if applicable):
- We only clean self-cleaning ovens. We do not service non-self-cleaning ovens.
- The self-cleaning cycle must be run a day or more prior to our arrival so that it is cool enough to clean.
- Harsh chemicals and/or abrasives cannot be used on self-cleaning ovens. To preserve to self-cleaning lining, our Cleaning Professionals will wipe out the debris in the oven, wash the racks and clean the interior glass window. Some stains can permeate the oven lining and cannot be removed.
Fridge (if applicable):
- We prefer to clean empty refrigerators.
- If they are not empty, please try to purge as much as you can so food is not sitting on the counter for too long when we clean.
Freezer (if applicable):
- We will only service room temperature freezers. We cannot clean a frozen freezer.
- We bring our own supplies and tools.
- We have tested our products to make sure they provide quality results.
- Our Cleaning Professionals are trained on all the products we use. We follow OSHA guidelines and have SDS sheets for all of our products.
- If you would like us to use your cleaning product, please call the office for pre-approval. As stated above, due to OSHA regulations, we are required to have Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals used by our Cleaning Professionals.
- If your toilet appears clogged we will not flush it or clean the inside to prevent any overflowing and damage.
- For sanitary reasons, we do not carry toilet brushes. Please make sure you have one (1) toilet brush per toilet. If you do not have a toilet brush we may be able to provide a disposable one, the cost is $2.00.
- We do not clean blinds slat by slat.
- We will only clean 2-inch slat blinds.
- We do not clean ½” or 1” plastic or aluminum blinds because they break/bend easily and are very time-consuming to clean. It is often cheaper to replace them. Overtime blind cords get dry rot and snap.
- While we do offer to dust your 2” slat blinds, excessive build up on blinds and shutters may require that you contact a professional blind cleaning company.
- We cannot be held liable for blinds/shutters, etc. that do not come 100% clean and/or are not secured properly.
- We will not raise or lower blinds due to potential dry rot issues with the cords. We will clean them in place.
Activity in the home:
- We will not clean a home when other people are working, i.e., plumbers, electricians, painters, handymen, etc. Not only could it be safety hazard, but it also slows us down significantly. If we arrive to clean and workers are in the home, we will leave and charge the full cleaning fee. If someone arrives to work in a home we are cleaning, we will stop and leave the home. Again, you will be charged the full cleaning fee.
- Our Cleaning Professionals are trained in a very specific and efficient manner. Please do not ask us to clean the main level or basement first or to “skip and go back to rooms because someone is sleeping or in the shower.” Again, this slows us down and can cause quality issues.
- Your pets are members of your family and we respect that. However, if your pet is afraid of vacuums, territorial, or overly friendly and will not allow us to do our work, we may suggest that they be placed in areas where we are not working. Our Cleaning Professionals are not trained, nor do they carry the proper PPE to clean pet excrement, this includes cleaning litter boxes and dog kennels.
- For our protection and yours, if you have firearms, please keep them locked up and out-of-sight while we are cleaning your home. We will not clean any rooms in which a firearm is visibly present. Please do not leave firearms under pillows, mattresses or beds as they pose a danger when we are changing linens on beds and/or vacuuming.
- Insect infestation can be a problem and may prevent us from cleaning your home. If an infestation of ants, termites, roaches, fleas, bed bugs, etc. is encountered, we will not clean the house until the problem has been rectified. Please do not expect us to clean up dead insects that you have sprayed (i.e. ants, etc.). We will leave you a note or call you if we encounter any issues.
- The safety of our Cleaning Professionals is extremely important. To decrease the risk of injury to employees we are unable to move heavy objects, flip mattresses, etc. We are unable to clean up vomit, blood, urine, or excrement. If an employee feels that their personal safety is in danger, and the employee must leave the job site, the client is still responsible for the full cost of the job.
- We will move “light” furniture but we do not move refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc. We will try to reach all visible places either by hand or with an extension duster.
- Our Cleaning Professionals come with a 2-step ladder. We are unable to use client ladders or climb higher than two steps. Higher items will be dusted with an extension duster to the best of our ability. We can reach up to two-stories with our extension duster so we can get higher ceiling fans, ceilings, lights, etc.
- Our policy is to lock the door while we are cleaning and we will not allow access to unknown persons. Please do not rely on us to let in workers during the time we are in your home unless pre-approved by the office.
- If your home has a security system, please let us know how you want it handled. It is not necessary for you to disarm your alarm systems on the day of our cleaning. If you contact your alarm company, they can assist you in programming a code that is unique to our company. It is common for clients with alarms to give us our own code. Our Cleaning Professionals are trained on how to disarm and re-arm alarms.
Injuries in Your Home:
- Our Cleaning Professionals are full-time employees and not “independent contractors”. All employees are covered by our Workers’ Compensation Insurance. This covers the employee’s injuries and protects you.
Release of Liability:
Please put all valuables away the day of your cleaning. If there are items you do not wish to have us touch, please let us know.
- Should you decide you would like us to clean items of monetary or sentimental value (>$100) e.g., items within curio cabinets, etc., the following will apply: Client hereby releases Elite Home Cleaners from all liability arising out of cleaning these item(s). The client understands that he/she is completely responsible for repairing or replacing any damaged item(s) even if Elite Home Cleaners may have caused the need for repair or replacement.
- Our hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our Cleaning Professionals arrive at their first house between 8:00 and 8:30.
- Unless you are our first cleaning of the day, we are unable to guarantee an exact arrival time. However, we can provide you with a 2-hour window of our estimated arrival time if you call the office the day before your cleaning. We can also give you a 30-minute alert that we are on our way.
- We will strive to meet your requested arrival time but we cannot guarantee it.
Solicitation of Staff:
- By using our services, you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Elite Home Cleaners for any home-related services, including baby-sitting.
- If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, please be advised that our referral fee is $3,500.
Wear & Tear:
- The longer we live in our homes, the more wear and tear builds up in it. Baseboards, bottom of showers and tubs, mold/mildew, excessive water spots and soap scum on glass shower doors, worn flooring, grout, window tracks, etc. are all areas where wear and tear will impact results.
- These areas may take more than one cleaning to improve in appearance or may not come clean at all.
- Accidents do happen. If we are responsible for damages to your home or items in your home, we will leave a note for you the day of the cleaning and contact you.
- We will not assume liability for items not secured in a proper manner (example: heavy pictures hanging from thumb tacks, items not anchored properly to walls, etc., pre-existing damages, scratches, dings in windows, paint, furniture, floors, walls, snags in carpets, lose or stained toilet seats, etc.) Items of monetary or sentimental value should be put away on the day of cleaning and/or cleaned by client.
- All surfaces (i.e.: marble, granite, hardwood floors, etc.) are assumed to be sealed and ready to be cleaned without causing harm/damage when common cleaners are used.
Skipped or Missed Cleaning Visits
- Our charges are based on the type of visit you schedule. Weekly rates are for weekly cleanings. Biweekly rates are for biweekly cleanings. If you skip a cleaning, you will be charged the rate for the next frequency of service if it takes additional time to complete your cleaning.
- Payment is due the day of your cleaning. We will charge your credit card on the day of service.
- We require a credit card to be on file.
- We do not invoice. If you pay by credit card and payment is not authorized, we will charge $10 per invoice.
- In the unfortunate event that we are unable to collect on past due payments, accounts will be forwarded to our collection agency.
- We require a deposit on all one-time cleanings. This fee is non-refundable.
- If the cleaning is cancelled within one week of the scheduled date, a refund may be issued. Cancellations must be done during business hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
Please let us know if you plan to skip any cleanings. It is never too early to let us know. We try very hard to keep schedules full so that our Technician’s receive a full paycheck. If you give us enough notice, we can fill your spot and keep our Cleaning Professionals happy!
- One-time cleaning deposits are non-refundable unless we are notified by phone during business hours Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. one week prior to the scheduled cleaning.
- Recurring cleaning (weekly, bi-weekly and 4-week) Fee: $0.00 – Cancellations phoned in with at least 48 hours’ notice during business hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). HOWEVER, Please, the sooner the better!
- Fee: $50 per Technician for cancellations phoned in with less than 48 hours and more than 24 hours’ notice during business hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
- Full Fee will be charged for cancellations the day of service or if we are turned away at your door.
- All cancellations must be made by calling the office Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.